Start your awaited academic journey in Australia and fulfill your greatest ambitions with the help of the ASEAN Scholarships at the University of Tasmania for the academic year 2022-2023.
The ASEAN Scholarship will provide a 15% tuition fee reduction to eligible international students commencing their higher degree studies in Australia. To receive the scholarship, the applicants must be from an ASEAN country and be applying to study at UTAS for the first time.
The University of Tasmania is a public research university ranked 303rd in QS Global World Rankings and is one of the top public universities in Australia. It offers various degree programmes.
Why choose to study at the University of Tasmania? The University of Tasmania is a globally known university with a high dedication to the stewardship of learning and knowledge, academic freedom, excellence, and integrity. At UTAS, they give a strong emphasis on practical learning to prepare students for their future careers. UTAS also offers an excellent student support system.
Application Deadline: Varies
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: 15% Tuition fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any undergraduate, honors, or postgraduate degree programme taught at UTAS can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be international students on a student visa and must continue to satisfy the criteria for the grant of the visa.
- The applicants must be commencing at the University of Tasmania for the first time.
- The applicants must be whole fee-paying students.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications need to be submitted via the online portal of the university. Applicants are assessed automatically for the 2022 ASEAN Scholarship upon submission of their International Student Application. There is no need to apply separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Country specific academic requirements
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to meet the international admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 76
- PTE – 50
- CAE- Grade C
- CPE – Grade C
- Cambridge BCE – Grade C
- UTAS English for Academic Purposes – 60%
The students selected by UTAS will be provided a 15% reduction in the registered tuition fee for the course’s duration.