Provides financial and investment planning and advice to deliver a solution in the best interests of the customer. Determines client needs and provides solutions though the sales of managed products and services (e.g. mutual funds, retirement savings plans, and similar products). Provides other solutions indirectly through referrals to business partners.
- Implements business development strategies to acquire new business (e.g. outbound calling campaigns, conducting seminars) and cultivate branch employee referrals.
- Identifies opportunities during customer conversations to generate referrals for personal and commercial banking products (e.g. personal banking, lending, and investments).
- Supports the achievement of sales and performance targets.
- Develops and implements a relationship management plan to meet the needs of client.
- Determines client needs and provides solutions though the sales of managed products and services.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Introduces clients to investment strategies and works with clients to develop a financial plan using appropriate guidance tools.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Protects the Bank’s assets and complies with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3-5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CFP designation preferred or one of the following:
- Personal Financial Planner (PFP) designation,
- Wealth Management Essentials (WME) + Financial Planning Supplement, Professional Financial Planning Course (PFPC),
- Financial Planning I & II (FP I & II).
- Canadian Securities Course – Licensed to sell mutual funds excluding QC or IQPF in Quebec.
- Advanced working knowledge of financial industry.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
BMO Financial Group Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider – the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada’s leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets™, our North American investment and corporate banking division.In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets™, our North American investment and corporate banking division.We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.