What is the opportunity?
As a Manager, T&O Finance, Performance Management you will support the forecast, annual operating plan and 5 year strategic planning processes including T-5 estimates for T&O. The Manager will provide detailed analysis and commentary for all planning initiatives.
What will you do?
- Manage T&O Forecast and Planning activities and evaluate financials to measure outcomes compared to targets which supports business decision making and reduce risk. Identify trends, outliers and risks from results of financial analysis for escalation. Complete variance analysis of financial reporting results with commentary
- Manage monthly T-5 estimates and related business reviews focusing on alignment with strategy, transparent reporting on major initiatives and increased use of business drivers and key performance metrics. Coach others on data quality and data governance principles
- Support continuous improvement of processes and reports through simplification and automation. Identify redundancies among processes and suggest ways to achieve better results or add value beyond the current situation. Leverage existing processes, templates and approaches to improve efficiency and reduce rework and duplication. Gather information and feedback from users of T&O Finance tools on pain points and recommended improvements
- Develop clear, accurate, and concise financial messaging for inclusion in T&O Finance reports and presentations. Elicits comments and feedback on developed commentary. Use a variety of channels and technology to convey information
- Support and prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and reports as requested
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of relevant finance experience
- Enterprise mindset and strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to cope with tight timelines and occasionally long hours
- Working experience and knowledge of EPM
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 88 Queens Quay W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/01/2021
Platform: CFO Group
Req ID: 414496