Financial Analysis & Model Delivery
- Prepare results reporting documents and provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of financial results to support month-end and quarter-end close processes.
- Support month-end and quarter-end reporting packages and Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS; reviewing all information for reasonableness, escalating any areas of concern and making amendments, if necessary.
- Prepare and update process and control related documentation.
Risk Management, Control, and Financial Governance
- Manage group attestation for the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances and trends.
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close.
- Identify control risks and gaps; ensure appropriate action plans are in place to address the risk
- Provide information and support the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits, ensuring that requests are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Complete/support the regulatory and external reporting requirements ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information.
Client & Relationship Management
- Display and encourage appropriate high performance behaviors that reflect our culture of Being BMO
- Act as a subject matter expert to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately.
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to ensure financial results are well understood.
Change & Innovation
- Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies
- Support the operationalization of change initiatives to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency from a finance perspective.
- Collaborate with finance colleagues to support changes within the finance team
- Completed an accounting designation e.g. CPA
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
The Senior Financial Analyst on the Corporate Controllers team is accountable for analyzing and reporting on the financial performance of the Corporate pillar to support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process including management, regulatory and external reporting.
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide value added ideas, advice and recommendations on financial governance and regulatory matters including procedures to support decision making within Corporate NIX. The incumbent will also support an efficient and effective accounting function that uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, and increases service level performance.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.