If you are looking to join a leading wholesale distribution company in Central GTA as Director of Finance you will want to check out this opportunity. Reporting to Senior Leadership in Canada and abroad, the Director of Finance will be charged with the following responsibilities.
- Lead a large finance team to execute on regular financial reporting of the Company’s financial situation on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and the Company’s financial policies and procedures
- Plan, direct, and control all operational, administrative and financial activities through effective coordination with the executive, corporate and management teams
- Establish annual budgetary and operations objectives and ensure effective monitoring, performance, and control of these objectives
- Create and implement the annual business plan and budgets, working closely with the entire leadership team.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement in the organization, with assistance and recommendations from all teams, to ensure the continual growth and success of the Company
- Customer relationship building and maintenance which may require some travel to customers and potential customers’ facilities to secure and maintain business
- Provide financial leadership to the Management team in terms of business planning and financial projections, budgets, corporate tax planning, preparation and analysis of financial information, and developing management and operating controls
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Company’s financial policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring pricing of products are up-to-date and accurate
- Manage inventory and purchasing for the Company. Track consumption and stock levels of inventory
- Administer revenue goals/quotas/bonus plans for Managers and Territory Managers.
- Ensure compliance with Sales Administration procedures with regard to processing agreements and purchase orders
- Direct the development of solutions and processes to existing problems and look towards the future to anticipate potential problems
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees within the reporting structure are committed to the company’s goals and objectives
- CPA designation required
- Masters degree and or MBA degree preferred
- Prior work experience at the Senior Controller and or Director level in Wholesale Distribution or Retail is highly preferred
- Exemplary business and finance acumen required. Thorough knowledge of finance practices and standards
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, and organizational skills with technical aptitude
- Proven track record of working with Change Management
- Drives self and others in continuous improvement activities and demonstrates innovative solutions
- Proven ability to lead and influence others within all levels of the organization
- Highly engaged with a strong commitment to developing team members
- Willingness to create a harmonious team environment, setting cadence for team and individual meetings
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest, however, because of time constraints, only those under consideration will be contacted to move forward.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Reference : 05050-0011886347
Specialization : Finance and Accounting