The Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing at the University of Toronto is an outstanding professional faculty that ranks among the premier nursing programs in the world in both education
As an integral member of the finance team, you will perform a variety of functions that are essential to the effective financial management of the Faculty. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for providing a broad range of services and support, applying generally accepted accounting principles to all financial tasks and responding to enquiries within the defined scope of the role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying the generally accepted accounting principles to all financial tasks
- Processing accounts payable according to the University Guide to Financial Management
- Processing accounts receivable according to the University Guide to Financial Management
- Checking that proper approvals are obtained prior to processing transactions
- Preparing budget variance reports
- Preparing and/or processing journal entries
- Generating standard financial reports
- Responding to enquiries within the defined scope of the role and redirecting as appropriate
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) in business/accounting or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years directly related accounting/finance experience.
- Experience preparing various financial reports.
- Experience interpreting and applying financial policies.
- Demonstrated experience processing accounts receivable, accounts payable and journal entries.
- Demonstrated experience with SAP systems including Financial Information System (FIS), Human Resource Information System (HRIS) or comparable applications
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent reconciliation skills.
- Advanced expertise with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure andmanage competing deadlines and/or priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Closing Date: 09/26/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 09 — $58,824 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $75,227. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Finance/Budget/Planning/Audit
Recruiter: Robyn Hunter