TalentWorld is currently recruiting a Finance Coordinator for one of our clients in Toronto! The Finance Coordinator will ensure that all internal controls for receivables are met. In addition, the incumbent will provide outstanding customer service to employees within the properties and the Head Office regarding issues involving cash receipts, billings and daily deposits. This role offers a competitive salary and the opportunity for an accounting professional to expand their skills!
Finance Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly review all audit packages, reconciliations, and internal control reports on a timely basis
- Prepare and record corporate cash receipts and deposits
- Compile and process monthly Direct Debit file entries, partnering with properties to ensure accurate and timely preparation
- Perform reconciliations for monthly A/R close
- Ensure that the A/R sub ledger balance ties to GL balance and advise Property Accounting and/or Property Administration on correcting entries
- Review daily property deposit reconciliations to ensure segregation of duties
- Prepare monthly cash reconciliations and post on system
- Review quarterly lease profiles against source documents
- Liaise with, and between, the Property Administrators at the sites and the Property Accountants at the Head Office to resolve any queries or issues regarding cash receipts or billings
- Review and enter approved write-offs and provisions into Yardi and prepare monthly reconciliations
- Receive NSFs/returned cheque notifications via fax and distribute to sites
- Review and update A/R procedure manual as needed
- Act as backup for Accounts Payables on wires and loading bank statements to system
- Other backup duties for A/P department as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Finance Coordinator Qualifications:
- College Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field an asset
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable or Property Administration or Accounting environment
- Real Estate industry experience an asset
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc.)
- Experience with an ERP software (preferably Yardi)
- Bilingualism an asset (French/English)
- Location: Toronto
- Job Status: 20 Month Contract, Fulltime
- Salary: $60,000
- 3 weeks’ vacation
We exist to create meaningful relationships between people and their employers. With TalentWorld, people can find the ideal job that showcases their talent, fuels their passion, and meets their unique wants. And employers can find the ideal people to help shape their business.
Are you looking for talented people to join your team? Then you’re in the right place. TalentWorld is a full-service recruitment and staffing agency that specializes in outsourcing, without losing the human element. We’re on a mission to bring back a sense of depth in an industry that’s about speed and automation.
TalentWorld is an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to offer jobs in environments where diversity is embraced. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status (race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status).
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.