You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
This is a fascinating time for Financial Services and our firm. While there are significant challenges, the opportunities to lead and reshape the future have never been greater. Clients are placing a premium on the services provided by the advisors they trust. As a global leading professional services firm, when you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries, and a track-record of delivering market-leading solutions.
As a result of our strategy and strong pipeline of exciting projects, we are looking to grow our Finance Data & Systems capability.
KPMG’s Finance Transformation Advisory Practice helps organizations maximize efficiencies and drive business value across the enterprise. Our capabilities range from brief strategy assessments to E2E implementations of transformation, including Cloud based ERP technologies and Finance Operating models. We help our clients to strengthen and transform their finance operations by improving transparency, information integrity and governance with the finance discipline needed to increase profitability and drive business insights. We helps CFOs make their function future-ready.
Our multi-disciplinary, diverse team works with leading Investment and Retail Banks, to help them transform their business in context of ever increasing requirements and opportunities. Over the last few years, clients have been transforming their Finance function across all parts of their Operating model with Cloud based technologies providing a key enabler for transformational change.
Our Finance Transformation Advisory practice are seeking Director level candidates to strengthen our Management Consulting practice in the Toronto office. We are looking for a talented professional who brings a combination of technology skills, business acumen and possesses the ambition and potential to become future leaders of our Banking Finance Transformation consulting business.
What you will do
Successful candidates should have in-depth knowledge and experience designing and implementing leading finance data solutions and systems enabling Finance transformations, particularly in the Financial Services, Banking industry. They should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Independently lead large scale Banking Finance Transformation workstreams focusing on Solution and Architecture design with accountability for the engagement delivery and client outcomes
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate, through delivery, the benefits of KPMG’s Finance Systems Transformation approach and ensure benefits are realized for our clients
- Experience in working with senior decision makers and stakeholders across Finance, Risk, Treasury, IT and the Business (Product owners, Heads of service delivery/CX, Head of Operations for example)
- Ability to manage cross-functional global engagement teams, both internally within KPMG, and external Client teams, across all areas of the organization
- Have solid understanding of Finance data and technology trends and innovations in the finance function and wider FS industry
- Building rapport and maintaining external vendor relationships to support delivery of each engagement. Acts as a conduit between vendors and client teams and translate system ‘jargon’ into business terminology
- Build credibility and relationships in the Market including with prospective clients and with technology vendors
- Solid understanding of E2E functional and technical architecture
- Experience in implementing Cloud based data and analytics tools and leading finance applications, including Oracle, SAP and Workday
- The candidate will need to build and leverage both internal and external relationships to support Partners and peers in driving business development and sales activities
- Extensive experience in developing, selling and delivering Finance Transformation solutions for global FS Clients in a multi-disciplinary environment, including Cloud based data and analytics tools and leading finance applications
- Proven ability in thinking beyond their own capability area and be pro-active in collaborating with areas like regulatory reporting, Risk and Treasury to offer our clients the best possible solution
- Work with the wider Powered Finance team to drive innovation, build external partnerships/alliances and build out our assets to deliver more value to our clients
- Ability to run large scale (global) RFP’s with focus on bringing our global capabilities together
- Lead the pursuit of business development opportunities in leading finance data solutions and systems enabling Finance Transformation
- Ability to build long terms relationships with our clients and bring them the best of KPMG
- Proven track record in shaping and delivering a multi-year strategy with the aim to support firm wide growth
- Manage the FS Finance, Data & Systems practice and program initiatives
- Become one of the leaders in shaping our future business model for Powered Finance, considering client demand, market developments and innovation trends
- Be part of a high performing team that balances client engagement & delivery with continuous improvement of our solution and capabilities
- Be a role model to the wider team by showcasing our values and principles, leading from the front and by example
- Lead goal development and coaching of staff to enable the growth of the junior management team within our practice
- Support the development of junior team members through formal training, training on the job as well as informal coaching & mentoring
What you bring to the role
- A seasoned professional, with +12 years of experience in Finance technology consulting, with a focus on large scale Finance Transformation projects and proven experience in a senior leadership role
- Understanding of key technology trends in Banking including migration to Cloud, SaaS, Automation, Big Data etc
- Experience in delivering key Finance technologies including (but not limited to) Oracle, SAP, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Anaplan, OneStream
- Experience in working with leading cloud storage and computing platforms including (but not limited to) Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of the end to end finance systems architecture, how each of the components are linked and technologies which are available in the market
- Ability to design strategic finance systems architecture to meet client requirements and build the transition states/roadmaps required to reach the target state
- Good knowledge of the key technologies and systems involved in Banking finance including data platforms/warehouses, consolidation tools, reporting/analysis tools, ERP systems (including ledgers) and reference data stores
- Strong understanding of the business model for Banks, including products, processes and operating models
- Understanding of key industry challenges across Banking, being able to translate these into strategic solutions
- Awareness and understanding of Banking reporting standards and requirements
- Strong people manager, able to lead large teams and develop others
- Self-starting, pro-active team player that is experienced in working in challenging environments and within a multi-disciplined Global team
- Ability to create and deliver engaging presentations and output reviews to senior executives/stakeholders and business managers.
- Ability to review and challenge information that has been provided by other team members, ensuring the information is ‘fit for purpose’ and at the right level of granularity
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters